CyArk will once again be participating in the annual Spar International Conference
, being held April 15-18 in The Woodlands, Texas. Spar is a conference where leading 3D professionals convene to discuss the state of the industry, learn best practices, share ideas across diverse business segments, and compare and qualify hardware and software solutions from all major suppliers.
Over the past few years, CyArk has worked closely with Spar to create a special Digital Preservation track to address the use of 3D technologies for cultural heritage. This year the Digital Preservation track will be held on Tuesday April 17th. The track will include presentations on:
• Digital preservation of historic sites and artifacts, from 3D data capture to deliverables and visualization (eg, virtual dioramas and digital animation) to sharing information across the web
• A project update on the Scottish Ten
• Implementing laser scanning with BIM to restore Cincinnati Music Hall
• Using ground-based and airborne lidar for historic sites
The current list of presenters includes:
• Adam Metallo and Vincent Rossi, Smithsonian Institution
• Sam Billingsley, SmartGeoMetrics
• Steven Vickers, Focus Corporation
• Doug Pritchard, Glasgow School of Art, Scotland
• Chris Mealy, Messer Construction Company
• Brian Elbe, Truescan3D
• Charles Yuill, West Virginia University
• Bora Sayin, SolvoTek Engineering Ltd
Spar is also offering a 10% discount to all Friends of CyArk. Click here
to register with the CyArk discount.
For more information, visit www.SPARPointGroup.com/International, email info@SPARPointGroup.com, or call +1-207-842-5692
We look forward to seeing you in Texas!